General Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Scope of Application
- The Accommodation Contract and related contracts to be concluded between our Hotel and the Guest shall be based on this Contract under the following terms and conditions of our Contract. Any matter not stipulated in this Contract shall be governed by ordinance and generally established practice.
- When our Hotel has agreed to conclude a Special Contract without connecting with ordinance and established practice, the said Special Contract shall prevail.
Article 2. Application for Accommodation Contracts
- The Guest who intends to apply to our Hotel for an Accommodation Contract will be required to provide our Hotel with the following particulars:
- Name(s) of Guest(s) to be registered.
- Date(s) scheduled for overnight stay and estimated time of arrival.
- Accommodation charge (according, in principle, to the basic accommodation charges described in the attached Table 1).
- Other information considered necessary by our Hotel.
- In the case that the Guest has requested, during his/her stay, an extension of an overnight stay beyond the date described in the preceding Paragraph (2) above, our Hotel shall handle his/her request as a new application for an Accommodation Contract which has been made at the point in time when the said request has been made.
Article 3. Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
- The Accommodation Contract shall be considered to have been concluded at the time when our Hotel has accepted the application described in the preceding Article.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest's entire period of stay (if the period scheduled overnight stay exceeds 3 days, the application deposit amount shall equal to the basic accommodation charge of 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- An application fee will be appropriate to the accommodation charges the guest will finally pay. Any situations to which Articles 6 and 18 may apply involve penalty and damage compensation in this order. The remaining amount, if any, will be refunded at the time of payment made in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.
- In the case that the Application Deposit described in Paragraph 2 of this Article has not been paid by the date set by us as stipulated in the same Paragraph, the Accommodation Contract shall become invalid, but limited only to the case where our Hotel has notified the Guest to that effect at the time when prescribing the day due for payment of the Application Deposit.
Article 4. Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
- Notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, there are cases where our Hotel accept a Special Contract which does not require payment of the Application Deposit specified in the said Paragraph after the conclusion of the Contract.
- When accepting an application for an Accommodation Contract, in the case that our Hotel fails to request payment of the Application Deposit specified in the preceding Article, Paragraph 2, and/or in the case that it fails to prescribe the due date for payment of the said Application Deposit, the Special Contract described in the preceding Paragraph shall be considered to have been accepted.
Article 5. Refusal of the Conclusion of the Accommodation Contract
- The following are cases where our Hotel will not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contract:
- When application for accommodation is not based on this Contract.
- When there is no room available due to full occupancy.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
- Crime group or its related persons; corporate, social, or political racketeer; organized crime syndicate; or other antisocial force (hereinafter collectively “Antisocial Forces”).
- A corporate body or other organization where Antisocial Forces control business activities.
- In a corporate body that has persons relevant to Antisocial Forces in its board member.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation behaves extremely in a way that causes a nuisance against other hotel guests.
- When the Guest seeking accommodation is clearly considered to be a patient with
an infectious disease.
- When a violent act of demand pertaining to accommodation is carried out, or a burden beyond the reasonable purview is demanded.
- When act of Nature, trouble with facilities, and other unavoidable causes prevent the Guest from staying at our Hotel.
- When the provision of Article 10 in the Hotel Business Law of the Nagano prefectural Ordinance issued by the Prefecture is applicable.
Article 6. The Guest's Right to Cancel the Contract
- The Guest may request our Hotel to cancel the Accommodation Contract.
- In the case that the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes attributable to him/her (which is the case when our Hotel has requested payment of the Application Deposit by prescribing the date due for such payment under the provision of Article 3, Paragraph 2, except in the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract prior to such payment), payment of penalty shall be required as specified in the attached Table 2.
- In the case that the Guest does not arrive by estimated time previously provided on the day of an overnight stay without informing our Hotel of a delay, the Accommodation Contract may be considered to have been cancelled by the Guest and will be handled accordingly.
Article 7. The Right of Our Hotel to Cancel the Contract
- The following are cases where our Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract:
(1) When the Guest is considered likely to behave in violation of the provisions of the ordinance, public order or good public morals, or he/she is considered to have behaved in such a manner.
(2) When the Guest is clearly considered to be corresponding to the following (a) to (c).
(a)Crime group or its related persons; corporate, social, or political racketeer; organized crime syndicate; or other antisocial force (hereinafter collectively “Antisocial Forces”).
(b)A corporate body or other organization where Antisocial Forces control business activities.
(c)In a corporate body which has persons relevant to Antisocial Forces in its board member.
(3) When the Guest in accommodation behaves extremely in a way that causes a nuisance against other hotel guests.
(4) When the Guest is clearly considered to be a patient with an infectious disease.
(5) When a violent act of demand pertaining to accommodation is carried out, or a burden beyond the reasonable purview is demanded.
(6) When unavoidable causes, such as act of Nature, etc., prevent the Guest from staying at our Hotel.
(7) When the provision of Article 10 in the Hotel Business Law of the Nagano prefectural Ordinance issued by the Prefecture is applicable.
(8) When the Guest smokes in bed or vandalizes ‑re protection facilities, or does not comply with the matters prohibited by our Hotel (limited only to those matters necessary for ‑re prevention) among the rules of use prescribed by our Hotel.
- If the hotel cancels an accommodation agreement in accordance with the provisions of the first or second clause, the concerned guest is not charged for services etc. that he/she has not received.
Article 8.Registration of accommodations
- The Guest will be required to register the following particulars at the front desk of our Hotel
(1) Guest name, age, sex, address, and occupation
(2) Nationality, passport number, point of entry and date of entry into Japan for a non-resident of Japan
(3) Departure date and scheduled departure time
(4) Other matters the hotel deems necessary
- If a guest intends to use travelers’ checks, hotel vouchers, a credit card or other non-cash means to make the payment indicated in Article 12, he/she is required to show it at the time of making registration as indicated in the previous clause.
Article 9.Available hours of guestrooms
- Rooms are available for accommodation from 4 p.m. until the following day at 10 a.m.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the previous clause, the hotel may allow a guest to use a room outside the hours specified in the previous clause. This involves an additional payment of the entire amount of the relevant accommodation charges indicated following.
(1) Up until 2 pm, hotel charges￥1,000 per an hour to each person (tax will be added to this).
(2) After 2 pm, the guest will be charged a full amount equal to the basic accommodation price.
Article 10. Compliance of the Rules of Use of the Hotel
- While staying in our Hotel, the Guest will be required to comply with the Rules of use posted inside our Hotel as prescribed by us
Article 11. Business Hours
- The business hours of principal facilities in our Hotel shall be as follows. Details of the service hours of other facilities are explained in the pamphlet provided, displays at major points inside our Hotel, and the service directory provided in each guest room.
- Service hours of front desk, cashier's desk, Cashier, etc.
- Curfew – none
- Front Desk – from 10am to 9pm
- The service hours described in the preceding Paragraph may be changed temporarily for unavoidable reasons, in which case the Guest will be notified by proper means.
Article 12. Payment
- The breakdown of the accommodation charge, etc. payable by the Guest shall be as listed in the attached Table 1.
- Payment of the accommodation charges, etc. described in the preceding Paragraph shall be made in currency or by other alternative means acceptable by our Hotel, such as traveler's check, credit card, etc., at the front desk at the time when the Guest arrives at our Hotel or is charged by our Hotel.
- Accommodation charges will be claimed even if a guest does not stay at the hotel at his/her discretion after a room was provided and became available for use by the guest.
Article 13. Responsibility of Our Hotel
- In the case that we have inflicted damage on the Guest in the course of fulfilling the Accommodation Contract and related Contracts or in breach of these Contracts, we shall compensate for the said damage, unless the said damage has been caused due to a cause not attributable to us.
Article 14. Handling In Case the Guest Room Contracted Is Not Available
- In the event the hotel is unable to provide a guest with a room that was booked for the guest, the hotel will, based on the guest’s consent ensure that the guest can stay in other accommodations with conditions as similar to the booked room as possible.
Article 15.Deposited articles
- If an article that a guest deposits with the hotel is lost or damaged, the hotel will compensate for the damage unless it resulted from unavoidable reasons. However, if the deposited article is cash or other valuables and the guest failed to inform the front desk of the type and value of the article, the hotel will not be liable for any damages.
- The hotel will not be liable for any loss of or damage to an article brought by a guest and not deposited with the front desk unless the loss or damage resulted from a willful act or a fault of the hotel. Even if the hotel is to compensate, it will not pay more than 50,000 yen for damages on an article for which the type and value were not reported by the guest. The hotel will not compensate for any damages to cash or valuables not deposited with the front desk.
Article 16.Baggage and belongings
- If the arrival of baggage precedes the arrival of the guest who possesses it, the hotel takes the responsibility for keeping it provided that the hotel was informed in advance and accepted the arrival of the baggage. The baggage will be handed to the guest.
- When a guest checks out and leaves his/her baggage or belongings behind, the Hotel will hold the baggage / belongings for 14 days, and there after the baggage/belongings will be handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Lost Property Act.
- The liability of the hotel concerning the keeping of baggage or belongings of guests will be pursuant to the provisions of the first clause of the previous article when the first clause of this article applies, and to the provisions of the second clause of the previous article when the second clause of this article applies.
Article 17. Responsibility for Parking
- When the Guest uses the parking area of our Hotel, our Hotel only lends the parking area and does not assume responsibility for care and custody of the vehicle parked, regardless of whether or not our Hotel has been asked to keep the key to the vehicle. However, our Hotel shall be liable for compensation if and when the vehicle parked is damaged intentionally or negligently on our side while keeping the parking area under our control.
Article 18. Responsibility of the Guest
- If a guest intentionally or accidentally causes damage to the hotel, the guest will compensate the hotel for that damage.
Table 1. Breakdown of Accommodation Charges (concerning Article 2-1 and 12-1)
Price that the guest shall pay following;
- Accommodation fee: the basic accommodation price+linen price
- Extra charges: food and beverage and etc.
- Tax : Sales tax (including local consumption tax), and special local consumption tax
Table 2.Penalty (relevant to second clause of Article 6)
|Time that notification of cancellation of agreement is made||No stay||On the scheduled arrival day||Previous day||3 to 6 days before the arrival day|
- The above percentages represent the ratio of penalty to the basic accommodation fee.
- If the dates scheduled for overnight stay have been shortened, regardless of how many days deducted, we charge the guest a full amount of the basic accommodation price for one day as penalty.
(2018, 4, 1 revised)